Sunday 16 August 2015

Matric Dance 2015

Matric Dance 2015

A MATRIC DANCE here in South Africa is very similar to a senior prom in America. It’s a dance specifically for the students in their last year of high school. The dance entails dressing up, doing your hair and make-up and of course finding that perfect date. You deffs do not want that awkward date or experience.

This is what I learnt from this experience…

1.      Your date.
If you don’t have a boyfriend, ask a very close friend who will not make things awkward and will make sure you have a lot of fun! Make sure you have your date secured at least 3 months before.
I was fortunate enough to have a very good friend. (Who ended up being a lot more :P)

2.      Your hair.
You do not want to be stressed on your special day, so I suggest you head to the salon and make sure you go for a trial. If you prefer to do your own hair then make sure you practice at least TWICE!!

3.      Your makeup.
Either ask somebody else to do it for you or do it yourself, but in each case make sure you try out the look first!!!

4.      Your dress.
I would go for a long dress; it is more elegant and formal than a short cocktail dress. DO NOT WEAR A BOOB-TUBE (a strapless dress). You DO NOT want to be worrying about your dress slipping from your body mid dance.

5.      Your shoes.
I suggest get something that is not complicated to slip on or too high that you cannot even walk in them properly! You don’t want to be falling on your face as you’re walking up the entrance!

This is what I wore to my Matric Dance:
Dress: Designed and made by my lovely cousin
Shoes: Foschini

Bag: A friend’s 
Home made back drop for the mini photo shoot

Hair done by Garreth and John Salon 


Dress done by lovely cousin Luzvie 




Sweetest boyfriend and date ever :) 



Car: BMW (don't ask me the full name/make :'D)

Me and my boyfriend x

No comments:

Post a Comment